We currently have the following employment opportunity:
Manager (Non-Union) 1 Year Full Time Contract
Elizabeth Fry Society Southern Ontario Region has a 50-year history of community service in Hamilton and surrounding communities to a gender-specific marginalized population of women in onflict with the law – or at risk of being in conflict with the law. A core objective of our mission is to reduce recidivism and promote diversion by offering a strong support system to women involved with the court system – before, during and after incarceration. We also administer the Community Service Order program for clients on probation and/or parole.
Reporting to the Executive Team, the Manager will oversee the smooth running of Elizabeth Fry operations within the geographic area prescribed and in accordance with agency, government and legislative requirements. The Manager will work within the mission, vision and values of EFSOR. The position responsibilities will include (but may not be limited to) the following:
- Operations Management – full compliance with all Public Health requirements health and safety restrictions;
- Direct Service Management – including co-ordination of current program delivery as well as planning for re-start of programs currently on hiatus (as funding permits)
- Human Resource Management – including oversight of a small unionized staff team as well as recruitment of new staff as required and performance
- Business Management – including day to day administration of financial operations, preparation of financial statements and oversight of funding requirements
University degree in a related area with a minimum of 3 years sound experience in senior management role. Experience with at-risk populations preferred.
Valid Vulnerable Criminal Reference Check; valid Certifications in First Aid/CPR, Vulnerable Sector Police Screening Clearance, non-violent crisis intervention such as UMAB/CPI, WHMIS, AODA, Occupational Health and Safety, Danger Assessment, Bill 168, Bill 132, Bill 148,Valid Ontario Driver’s License and road worthy and 2 million insured vehicle for work daily. 2nd language preferred.
PROVEN SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Decision making and judgment
- Decision quality
- Manages through vision and purpose
- Ethics, integrity & trust
- Political & Interpersonal savvy
- Results driven
- Technical Savvy (computers/MS/social media/QUICKBOOKS)
- Demonstrated reliability
- Easily adaptable and used to changing environments.
- Sound working knowledge and skills re: performance management in a unionized environment
- Sound working knowledge in program planning, development and evaluation
- Sound experience in working with a not-for-profit Management Team/Executive Director/Board of Directors
Please forward letter of interest and CV by July 12, 2021 – 4:00pm to:
Note: No resumes will be accepted after the deadline.
If you require accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process, please notify us to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation. Elizabeth Fry Society is an equal opportunity employer and strives to be reflective and inclusive of the communities we serve. We encourage individuals who identify as Indigenous, racialized, immigrant, LGBTQI+, or disabled to apply. We appreciate your interest in this employment opportunity, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
HOPE & RESTORATION
to the women we serve